South India is a paradise for travelers. Energetic beaches, beautiful landscapes, Verdant hills, tranquil backwaters, intensive forest, carved temples and wonderful architecture enhance the beauty of the South.
This 12 Days South-India tour covers the various remarkable cities like Chennai, Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Madurai, Periyar, Alleppey, Cochin. This tour includes the sight seeing of Mahabalipuram, Madurai, and Periyar. A leisure holiday in wonderful south is a treasured memory of enchanted hours spent close to nature. Carry with you the memories of hospitable people filled with zest for life.
DAY 01 : ARRIVAL - CHENNAI - MAHABALIPURAM EK 544/0740 hrs
- Arrive Chennai.Transfer to the hotel. Afternoon Proceed to the orientation tour of Chennai, visiting Fort St George - first British fortress in India & its Museum (closed on Fridays) housing rare bronzes.
- Later drive to Mahabalipuram and check in at Hotel. Evening at leisure to enjoy the beach on the Bay of Bengal. Overnight at the resort.
DAY 02 : MAHABALIPURAM
- After breakfast visit Kancheepuram Temples. Visit Silk Weaving Center at Kanchipuram.
- Afternoon return to Mahabalipuram followed by sightseeing of Shore Temple, majestic in its solitary splendour; Arjun's Penance, mammoth relief sculpture on living rock face & The Five Raths, caved out of a mountain, dedicated to heroes of India's most famous epics. Overnight at the resort.
DAY 03 : MAHABALIPURAM - PONDICHERRY
- After breakfast drive to Pondicherry. The former French colony of Pondicherry exudes a positively Mediterranean aura, thanks to its sunny coastal promenade and whitewashed residences.
- Check in at Hotel . Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 04 : PONDICHERRY
- After breakfast, enjoy the sights combined with a visit to the famous Sri Aurobindo Ashram, whose spiritual tenets combine yoga and modern science.
- Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 05 : PONDICHERRY - THANJAVUR
- After breakfast drive to Thanjavur. En route visit Gangaikondacholapuram & Darasuram Temples. Proceed to Thanjavur.
- Check in at Hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 06 : THANJAVUR
- After breakfast full day sightseeing of Trichy & Thanjavur. Visit Rock fort Temple, in the center of the city and Srirangam Temple at Trichy. At Thanjavur visit the enormous Brihadishwara Temple.
- This World Heritage protected temple has a dome weighing an estimated 80 tonnes which was hauled into place along an earth ramp in a manner similar to that used for the Egyptian pyramids. Also visit Thanjavur Palace & its Mesuem. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 07 : THANJAVUR - MADURAI
- After breakfast drive to Madurai. Check in at Hotel. Afternoon proceed to sightseeing of Sri Meenakshi Temple built in 1560 and the city's busy bazaars.
- Also visit Thirumalai Nayak Palace. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 08 : MADURAI - PERIYAR
- After breakfast drive to Periyar and check in at Hotel. Periyar which has south India's most popular wildlife sanctuary and home to sambar wild boar, elephant, bison, antelope, langur and a small tiger population.
- Kumily, close to the sanctuary, is a pretty town dotted with small spice and handicraft shops. Afternoon visit to a Spice Plantation. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 09 : PERIYAR
- Morning boat ride at Periyar Wildlife sanctuary. Or guided trekking at wildlife sanctuary.Rest of the day at leisure.
- Overnight at the resort.
DAY 10 : PERIYAR - ALLEPPEY - HOUSEBOAT
- After breakfast transfer to Alleppey (Nedumudy – 5 Kms beofre Alleppey) to board Houseboat.
- All meals will be served on the board. Overnight at the houseboat.
DAY 11 : HOUSEBOAT - COCHIN
- After breakfast disembark and drive to Cochin. At Cochin, check in at Hotel.
- In the evening enjoy the classical dance performance of Kathakali. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 12 : COCHIN
- Morning at leisure. Afternoon city tour of Cochin including the Dutch Palace (closed on Fridays) & Jewish Synagogue, St.Francis Church and the Santa Cruz Church. Overnight at the hotel.
DAY 13 : DEPARTURE
- Accommodation with above mentioned hotels.
- Complimentary Breakfast all Hotels
- Accommodation in 01 Double Room.
- Transfers and sightseeing by A/c Sedan includes driver Bata, toll, parking, driver’s night halt, fuel charges
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in a Private AC Car
- Kids Below 05 Years will be free on parent sharing basis
- Any Airfare
- Entrances fees
- Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc
- Tips and porter charges
- Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
- Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc
- Any other service/s not specified above
- 10% for cancellations made more than 45 days preceding your Tour Start Date.
- 25% for cancellations made 45 days to 30 days preceding your Tour Start Date.
- 50% for cancellations made 30 days to 15 days preceding your Tour Start Date.
- 100% for cancellations made less than 15 days preceding your Tour Start Date.
- Also be informed that Cancellation Requests have to be made to the corresponding Email ID’s that you receive the confirmation from. We do not accept cancellations over phone.
- In case of any increase in cost of Hotel, Airfare, Transport, Govt. Taxes, and Fuel Etc.., we are bound to augment the same.
- Any Hotel / Package Booking would be tentative unless you pay in advance and book on guaranteed basis.
Activities I Offer
- Local Tour
- Travel and Destination
- History Tour
- Activities for Kids
and click "Book Now".
3,000 /per person
31,500 /per person
16,536 /per person
8,550 /per person
Copyright © LastClues Inc. 2022The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.