The Har Ki Dun trek is one of the most popular in the Garhwal Himalayas. Har-ki-Dun Valley is located at the base of Fateh Parvat, at an elevation of 11,900 feet, in the heart of Govind Ballabh Pant National Park. Har ki Dun Valley provides breathtaking vistas of unspoiled valleys and mountains in the Garhwal Himalayas. It is one of the most picturesque sites in the Uttrakhand Himalaya, with several hiking opportunities. The path passes past apple orchards and pine forests before ascending into lush valleys adorned with flowers and crisscrossed by beautiful streams. Famous peaks such as Banderpoonch and Swargarohini will be seen. This area is also home to golden eagles. Because of its proximity to Govind National Park, it is rich in vegetation. Bhojpatra trees and the flower Brahmakamal can be found. Surrounded by snow-covered peaks and alpine greenery, this secluded valley appears to be a landscape painting on canvas. It's no surprise that it's one of the most popular trekking locations in Uttarakhand, both in the summer and winter.
- Day 1 Arrive in Dehradun and drive to Sankri village 7 - 8 hrs drive.Altitude - 6200 ft.
The first day begins with a 10-hour drive from Dehradun to Sankri village.A short way before Sankri, we will cross the Govind National Park checkpoint and at about 6 in the evening, the drive will end at Sankri. After freshening up at the guest house, you will get sufficient time to explore the market close by evening.
- Day 2 Drive from Sankri to Taluka 11 km drive and Pauni Garaat trek to , altitude 8400 ft.
We will start by drive from Sankri to Taluka at 7 in the morning. Reaching Taluka, another village of the same lineage found on this trek,Crossing the stream, the trail leads up to a wooden bridge where a gentle slope goes down to the waters.Pauni Garaat.
- Day 3 Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhaar via Osla 4-5 hrs trek an altitude - 8600 ft.
Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhar is a distance of 7 km over 6 hours which we start the early morning at 6. The trail crosses 3 “garaat” or hydroelectricity run chaffing units which are used by the villagers for separating husks of millet and maize followed by grounding to flour. Right between the forests of cashew nuts and walnuts lies the serene village Oslo. This village is said to be a preacher of Duryodhana of Mahabharata.
- Day 4 Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Doon & back to Kalkattiyadhar 7-8 hrs trek max altitude - 11,800 ft.
Tall pine trees will be greeting you at every step.The trail is mixed of steep and moderate ascend until the Har Ki Dun valley. Just as you rise high you can see snow patches and frozen waterfalls.
- Day 5 Kalkattiyadhar to Osla via Pauni Garaat 5-6 hrs trek an altitude - 8600 ft.
From today the trek is actually the return journey. Today we shall retrace the steps through the Oslo village to Pauni Garaat. Here’s another chance to relive the moments with the peaceful villagers. Say goodbye to them and the stunning sights around you.
- Day 6 Osla to Sankri via Taluka trek to road head than drive to Sankri village 6-7 hrs.an altitude is 6200 ft.
A 5-hour trek to Taluka sets off this morning, climbing down by the familiar trail, stopping at familiar rest points. The car waits at the end of the dirt road to drive back base camp-wards. Pay special attention to descending tactic. Sankri will arrive at the time for tea.
- Day 7 Sankri to Dehradun depart 8-9 hrs drive and depart.
The journey concludes with the 10-hour drive from Sankri to Dehradun.Reaching time at Dehradun station.and Tata.
The Trip Cost Includes
- All meals along the trek only veg.(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a cup of coffee or tea) and accommodations during the trek tents, home stay.
- Transportation, food, accommodation.
- Sleeping bag, duffel bag and trekking map.
- First Aid Medical Kit (Your guide will carry the Medical Kit but we also advise to bring yourself for your own use, as far as possible)
- All the required permits and paperwork
The Trip Cost Excludes
- Everything not mentioned above
and click "Book Now".
1,400 /per person
1,250 /per person
1,250 /per person
Copyright © LastClues Inc. 2022The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.