Our homestay “Ullaar” has a natural aura and ambience suited to the needs of guests wishing to reconnect with nature. Spread in a 3200 sq mts. Of area, Ullaar is situated 600 meters ahead of Jaiharikhal Block Office/Hospital on Jaihari-Parinda motorable road with guests reaching out to the wonders of the surroundings with ease and with gay abandon.
The property has three buildings – The Main house where we live, Guesthouse and the Staff Quarters all built in local queried stone and wood in existent Uttarakhand architectural style. Guests can avail the facility of the guesthouse which is an extension of the main house having four independent rooms with attached toilets and private sitouts. Each room has been named after popular folk dances of Garhwal region of Uttarakhand.
It is an ideal homestay destination that can bring to you bliss and exhilaration associated only with a communion with nature. What with the neighbourhood replete with verdant stretches of forests and grasslands etc., trekking and jungle walks can be truly rejuvenating. Interestingly bird watching is gaining popularity in the area which infact is valued as a Himalayan getaway rich in biodiversity. The neighbouring hills, are all recognized as homes to a wide variety of migratory as well as resident Himalayan birds. Watch the playful Himalayan birds chirping in ecstasy at the comely vistas of Jaiharikhal. Take your binoculars along as here you can spot a wide variety of migratory birds like the Northern Shoveler, Ruddy Shelduck, Northern Pintail, Red Crested Pochard, Common Merganser and many others. The migratory birds make their journey to Jaiharikhal-Lansdowne during the spring season and post-monsoons i.e. from September and October, which is indeed a good time to catch up with the feathery creatures. Bequeathed with nature’s bounty and stunning landscape, Jaiharikhal is a photographer’s muse. If you are a professional photographer then you can take some life-like pictures of the myriad Himalayan birds that flutter in the jade blue skies of Jaiharikhal.
Ullaar offers an amazing stay option for those exploring bird watching, wildlife sightings, stargazing in night and photography as a hobby. Those who have arrived here as guests have gone back as friends with longing to return yet again, to soak in nature’s munificence.
At Ullaar hospitality emanates straight from the heart. My entire family consisting of my wife and two lovely children is gregarious and people-friendly and love to welcome guests in true Indian tradition
“ Athithi Devo Bhava” that regards guests as God.
Hospitality at our end is a matter of spontaneity and our guests have the priviledge of sharing all that we can make available in the difficult mountain conditions, including fruits and vegetables from our garden.
If you wish to steer clear of the mad rush of a city life, then Ullaar is the destination beckoning you as besides other things it also offers a wonderful 300 kms bird’s eye view of the majestic Himalayas.
‘Back to Nature’ is the mantra that energizes us. So if you want to finish reading or even writing your dream project, or go on short walks or some amazing day long hikes, or if you desire to spend some tranquil moments with your loved ones or relish your malt sitting around a bonfire, or just spend your time rejoicing at the sight of the watching the magnificent snow-kissed Himalayas, we would be delighted to host you at Ullaar.
- Cake for special occasions to celebrate events of your loved ones
- Enjoy great evenings outdoor under a starlit sky around a Bonfire along with Bar-Be-Cue to keep you warm and occupied in wintry nights.
Pick up and read some good books and watch selected movies on DVDs available with us in the living room.
- Indulge yourself into game of 3 C’s - Cards, Carom or Chess and you are set for the day.
Cab on call
- Medical emergency with basic first aid kit
- Learn to appreciate an existence sans Wi-Fi, though mobile connectivity here is good. Connect and converse with nature.
- During season relish the taste of fruits grown in the healthy pollution free environs of the hills.
- Enjoy long walks in the jungle and discover the countless walking trails around village Jaihari. The expanse all around is replete with trails that becon onlookers through their earthy natural charm. These are suited to the youngsters looking for a fitness regime or seniors wishing to soak in nature’s blessings. You could set a time limit to your walks depending on your needs and capabilities. Zero in on the traditional Garhwali villages adjoining Ullaar and enjoy their hospitality.
- Or trail riding on your mountain bike available on hire on trails, bridle paths and forest roads.
- Just idling away or introspectively or meditatively sitting to heal could work magic with your physical, mental, and spiritual health.
- Enjoy views of 300kms long stretch of snow clad Himalayan peaks like Chaukhamba, Nanda Devi, Trishul, Panchachuli, etc.
- Revel in the presence of Bar-B-Cue and bonfire during cold winters evenings.
Activities I Offer
and click "Book Now".
Copyright © LastClues 2015-2022The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.