Carrying a rustic old-world charm, Kolukkumalai has several sprawling tea plantations and an aged tea factory attracting visitors from across the country. One can easily understand the various different processes that are used to create exotic varieties of Munnar tea at the factory. If you would like, you might as well get a few tips from the salesmen here to extract unique tastes from the tea.
For most of the ardent nature-lovers, Munnar is as much an adventure tourist spot as it is a gorgeous one. The mountains, the valleys, the rivers, the rugged paths and trekking trails make Munnar an ideal spot where you can flex your adventure muscles a little more.
- The journey starts from your chosen departure point within Munnar town at 4 AM, where we will transport your party by 4 wheel drive jeep to the Kolukkumalai Tea Plantation. The journey takes approximately 90 minutes to cover the 40kms, 10Kms of which are on a very rough track through dramatic scenery into the mountains.
- The estate at 8000ft is reputedly the highest tea estate in the world and produces excellently flavoured teas. Set amidst a backdrop of magnificent mountain scenery and with inspirational views all around, it is well worth the difficulty of access. Due to this difficulty of access and remoteness you will find life for the tea estate workers is simple and evolves around their work, homes and family.
- An afternoon visit to the tea factory can be arranged and for those clients wishing to make the most of the rejuvenating mountain air and scenery a guided one-hour walking tour around the estate is included in the tour.
- Magical Sunrise view from Kolukkumalai
- Orthodox Tea Factory Visit
- Jeep Transfers from Munnar to Kolukkumalai & Back
- Pick up from Munnar Town with in 2km radius
- Service of an English Speaking Driver
- Duration of the tour 04 AM to 11 AM
- Inclusive of GST
Activities I Offer
- Local Tour
- Travel and Destination
- History Tour
- Activities for Corporates
Munnar holidays is accredited, certified and reviewed by the best in the industry. Still don't believe us? Then trust the experts and see what they have to say. Some prominent businesses has rated us the best, 5 years in a row from 2015 to 2019.Then don't go searching for a package in the wrong place.
You could get duped you know! Munnar Holidays is also a proud member of the Association of Tourism Trade Organizations of India (ATTOI), Kerala Travel Mart Society (KTM), and Travel Operators Association of Kerala (TOAK)
and click "Book Now".
2,600 /per person
36,000 /per person
62,120 /per person
41,186 /per person
86,000 /per person
10,500 /per person
Copyright © LastClues 2021The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.