Our downstream tour begins in Jorhat, the former capital of the Ahom Kingdom, and follows the same route as the upstream cruise. The old cultural and traditional centre of Sibsagar is our first stop on this itinerary, after which we continue on the cruise route. Prepare to be amazed by Assam's "living cultures" in all their splendour!
- Day 1:- Arrive Jorhat / Neamati Ghat / MV Mahabaahu /Sail On arrival at the Jorhat Airport, we will be met with a packed lunch drive to Neamati Ghat and board the MV Mahabaahu. All gather on the open deck to enjoy the first sail and scan the river for a fleeting sight of the Gangetic Dolphins. The evening starts with a detailed talk on 'Sibsagar and the Ahom Civilization'.
- Day 2:- Neamati Ghat / Sibsagar Visit / Tea Estate Home Hosted Lunch After an early breakfast, we visit Sibsagar, the ancient city and capital of the Tai-speaking Ahoms. The Shiva Dol, constructed in the year 1734 is believed to be the highest Shiva temple in India. Thereafter, we drive to a Tea Estate for a relaxed afternoon where we enjoy a traditional Assamese lunch with the Tea-estate family.
- Day 3:- Majuli Visit / Mishing Village Visit a walk along the swamps and cultural performance by Satriya singers and dancers are some of the highlights of our trip to Majuli in Assam. The Mishings live on the bank of river in 'Chang ghar', houses with raised platform and all Mishing women are expert weavers. MV Mahabaahu takes us on a tour of Dhansiri Mukh where the waters of Brahmaputra meet, while we enjoy a talk on 'Assam's geographical location & importance'.
- Day 4:- Kaziranga / Boat safari After Yoga and an early morning walk on a deserted island, MV Mahabaahu sails towards the Eastern Range of Kaziranga for boat Safari. The shores are high but one can see roof turtles on protruding drift wood, water lizards, otters, elephants, wild buffaloes, rhinos, darters, herons, pied kingfishers, white throated kingfisher, serpent eagles and many more.
- Day 5:- Weavers Village At Bishwanath Ghat / Visit Tea Estate And / Or Jute Mill Visit After Yoga and a walk on the shores of Bishwanath ghat, we visit the Shiva Dol and Kaliabore tea estate. Close by a co-operative Jute Mill is an interesting place to understand how the Jute fibre takes the form of very Eco-friendly gunny bags. By sunset, we enjoy a cultural evening on the ship and retire for the evening.
- Day 6:- Kaziranga National Park / Sail After a warm cup of tea and some snacks, we drive out towards the Kaziranga National Park. Once-in-a-lifetime jeep safari where we search for the elusive rhinoceros, tigers, swamp deer and hog deer and more and a large number of very interesting birds. A leisurely lunch and a relaxed afternoon followed by a talk on 'Kamakhya and the Occult and Peacock Island' and then the traditional Assamese theme dinner.
- Day 7:- A Village Visit / Full Day Sail / Peacock Island MV Mahabaahu lifts anchor and heads on towards an island that is occupied predominantly by a Bangla speaking Muslim community who are involved in extensive farming. After a visit to this village we return to the ship for lunch and sail towards the Peacock Island. We get ready for the Farewell Dinner 'Alvida Bhoj' and enjoy a relaxed evening.
- Day 8:- Guwahati / Kamakhya Temple Visit / Departure Have a relaxing breakfast. Travel to Kamakhya Temple the staff on board organises our transportation, and we travel to the Kamakhya Temple with a packed lunch. This Temple is dedicated to the everlasting feminine, the goddess of desire known as Kama Khya, the granter of wishes. In Guwahati, we arrive at the international airport with a packed lunch and wave farewell to Kamakhya. The end of seven nights Downstream cruise on the Brahmaputra River on the M.V.Mahabaahu for 8 days in Assam, India.
- All Entrance Fees
- English speaking Naturalist / Destination Manager
- Assisted Arrival & Departure transfers
- Land transport by Air-Conditioned Vehicles
- Bottled water as required
- 1 Glass of Domestic wine/beer with Farewell and Welcome dinners
- Airfares: International or Domestic Airfares
- Taxes: 5% Government Tax. Or any other tax levied in the future.
- Evacuation Charges: For medical emergencies or any other reasons
- Personal Expense: Laundry, calls, extra liquor, camera fee, medical, spa etc
- Insurance: Any travel insurance or personal insurance.
- Force Majeure
and click "Book Now".
2,850 /per person
1,500 /per person
2,200 /per person
2,000 /per person
3,500 /per person
12,999 /per person
1,85,000 /per person
Copyright © LastClues Inc. 2022The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.