Fringed with pine trees and adorned with the beauty of snow, the Kedarkantha Peak is one of the most sought after snow-trekking destinations in the country. Situated at a height of 3,800m above the sea level, the trek to this mountain pass in Uttarakhand offers various levels of challenges to the trekkers. Offering an enthralling trekking experience, Kedarkantha winter trek usually originate from Sankri; which can be easily reached from Dehradun and takes the trekkers through the immaculate beauty of the vicinity.
From snow-capped Himalayan peaks to a frozen pond, meadows covered with snow to some of the other mesmerising peaks, this trek offers all the marvels, a trekker can wish for! Not just for the trekkers, Kedarkantha winter trek is also an ideal trek for the nature lovers, shutterbugs and other classes of travellers as well. Within the 6 exciting days of this expedition, the trekkers are rewarded with magical views, exhilarating experiences and delightful moments!
Day 1 -
- Dehradun - Sankri (7-8 hrs by road)
- From Dehradun, drive to Sankri. Mussoorie, Kempty Fall, Nainbag, Purola and Mori will be on route.
- Stay will be in hotel
- Sankari village can be visited in evening
Day 2 -
- Sankri - Juda-ka-Talab - Shepherd Camp (3-4 hrs)
- Trek to Juda ka Talab, after breakfast
- The trail is of moderate nature and passes through a lovely forest for most of the part.
- It will take 2-2.5 hours to reach Juda-ka-Talab
- Tents will be pitched here and overnight stay will be here
Day 3 -
- Juda ka Talab - Kedarkantha Base (4 hrs)
- Can witness awesome views of snow clapped peaks in early morning
- Trek to KedarKantha Base camp, after breakfast.
- Reach the destination and revel in the open snow ground ringed by trees.
- Witness the views of Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch and Kalanag peaks
- Overnight will be spent in tents.
Day 4 -
- Base Camp - Kedarkantha – Hargaon
- Start Trek to Kedarkantha from Base camp and reach Kedarkantha. It takes 4-5 hours to reach kedarkantha
- Magnificent views of mountains of Yumnotri and Gangotri range, Kinner Kailash range and other ranges in Himachal
- Head back to the Hargaon.
- Overnight will be spent in tents.
Day 5 -
- Hargaon – Sankri
- After Breakfast trek back to Sankri village.
- On arrival in Sankri check-in into a hotel and enjoy the day with scenic views all around
- Overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 -
- Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (6-7 Hours)
- Post breakfast, Drive back to Dehradun. Trip ends here.
UTT reserves the right to cancel a departure and will advise you of such cancellation no later than 20 days before the tour departure date. If due to ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice, UTT reserves the right to cancel departure, including a guaranteed one, at any time. With any form of cancellation, UTT will offer you alternative arrangements, and if the price of your alternative booking is of lower value than the original booking UTT will refund the difference to you. If you do not accept alternative arrangements UTT will refund all payments you have made to UTT, (in case of ‘Force Majeure’ or government travel advice, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs). UTT will not be liable for any additional cost incurred by you for any damages or claims in connection with these cancellations.
- Transport to and from the base camp
- The above trek cost includes transport to and from base camp.
- Safety equipment
- First aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretchers, Walkie-Talkie etc. will be available at campsite.
- Stay is included from Day 1 to Last Day. Tents/Homestays/lodges will be provided. Tripple sharing Accomodation and seprate accomodation for girls/ladies will be povided
- All meals from dinner on Day 1 to breakfast at Last day are included. Veg food will be provided during the trek.
- Permits/ Forest fees
- UTT will arrange trekking permits and forest passes.
- Experienced Trek Leader & Team
- Qualified trek leaders haing in basic / advanced mountaineering courses certificates/ degrees will assiston trek.
- Other staff member includes qualified cooks, helpers and porters.
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Food would not be provided during transit and trekkers have to bear the cost at their own.
- Mule and Porter charges
- Generally we expect trekkers to carry their bag-pack and luggage themselves. For those who wish to use Mule/Porter need to pay Rs 350 per day for same.
- Personal Expense
- Personal Expense of any kind. The trek cost does not include stay at any location on last day
*Anything apart from inclusions
Awesome experience. Guide was very helpful and experienced. Tents and foods was also very good.
You can really enjoy the camping and trekking fun with the team. The guides are really nice; pradeep and promod. Food tea tent everything was good enough.
Activities I Offer
- Local Tour
- Travel and Destination
Uttarakhand Trip Trek (UTT) is number 1 Travelling company in Uttarakhand ,We are operating since October 2014, Being a local company our focus is only on Uttarakhand. We have done more than 150+ treks, tour and Char dham yatra in this region, Uttarakhand trip trek (UTT) "Uttarakhand Trip Trek (UTT) is no 1 Travelling company in uttarakhand ,We are operating since October 2014, Being a local company our focus is only on Uttarakhand.
We have done more than 150+ treks, tour and Char dham yatra in this region
and click "Book Now".
600 /per person
3,450 /per person
62,120 /per person
23,421 /per person
23,500 /per person
53,000 /per person
Copyright © LastClues 2021The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.