India is rich with a lot more beautiful destinations that are worth seeking. Captivating beaches, foggy hill stations, lush greenery, snow-capped mountains, historical monuments, golden sand and many more. The list is endless. People who love traveling must visit these places to explore the beauty and history of India with family, friends, colleagues or some time with a special one.
But do you think about a solo trip? Yes, a trip with yourself. A travel seeker person must try a solo trip once in their life. This is the best chance to meet new people, to explore new things, to overcome your fear. You should love this freedom.
We recommend 10 amazing places to travel alone in India.
1. Leh-Ladhak: Leh-Ladhak is one of the best picks in India’s destination for an adventure mountain biking. This is a place in which a rider wants to travel and spend some time alone. So if you are also a solo traveler, you should experience the thrilling ride from Manali to Leh-Ladhak. The journey is a bit rough in the rugged mountains which change their color with every ray of sun.
2. Goa: Goa is a wonderful place to visit alone. This place gives you a plethora of activities that you must do. From numerous beaches to bars, famous churches to nightclubs, and architectural buildings to water sports, Goa gives you every reason to come. The land of SSS – Sun, Sea, and Shores becomes the most attractive destination in India. The activities you can do are jet-skiing, scuba-diving, surfing, windsurfing and many more.
3. Rishikesh: ‘The Yoga Capital’ – Rishikesh is the first choice for a solo trip to India. Rishikesh is located on the foothill of Himalaya. This is a town mix with spirituality and adventure. One side Rishikesh offers you yoga and meditation camps and lots of temples to connect with yourself, on the other side a perfect destination for adventurous sports like river rafting, camping, rock climbing, bungee jumping, etc. Don’t miss the evening Ganga Aarti experience of Hindu culture.
4. Gangtok: The capital of Sikkim, Gangtok is the most popular hill station in India. For a solo traveler, Gangtok offers, several Buddhist Monasteries. You can also enjoy multi-cuisines restaurants and bars which create a perfect moment to make friends. The Green Lake trek and The Goecha La Trek excite most of the solo visitors. Also, you can visit Nathu La Pass, the Teesta river and Tsomgo Lake. To make this journey unforgettable, take a Yak safari along its rugged terrain.
5. Kasol: Kasol is called as ‘Hills of Goa’, a destination which is always in a trekkers list. Kasol is a small village in Himachal Pradesh which is situated on the bank of Parvati River. This river is ideal for fishing but you have to get a permit from the forest department. This place is filled with breathtakingly beautiful sceneries that nourish your eyes and soul.
6. Manali: Manali is the best suit for snow sports. Here you can go for skiing, para-gliding, snow biking, and a lot more activities to indulge solo traveler. The slope of Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley gives you some peaceful moments. This beautiful place two major seasons – winter and summer. In winter, bring snow and in summer, perfect for adventure sports. If you are a photography lover, Manali is perfect for you.
7. Darjeeling: Darjeeling is known as “The Queen of Hills”. It is surrounded by rolling mountains and a paradise for nature lovers. With a refreshing tea garden, Kanchanjunga peak range, the third highest peak in the world and beautiful lakes. For a solo traveler, this place is heaven. All you need to do is pick your camera, walk alone on the road and capture the picturesque town which simply mesmerizes you.
8. Kerala: If you are getting bored with Goa beaches, the other best place to enjoy the beach is in Kerala state. Varkala Beach is the hidden treasure in Kerala is a peaceful place. Varkala beach is good for soul searchers, the ones who want to get close to nature. You can relax on the beach alone and take sunbathe is another kind of experience.
9. Hampi: Hampi situated in Karnataka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This place is perfect for those who love art and history of India. Hampi offers you to visit more than 500 ancient monuments. The city is located on the bank of the Tungabhadra river. This is the royal center of the Vijayanagara empire and a quarter of the Muslim royal army. Hampi is heaven for mountaineers who practice rock climbing in Badami.
10. Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer is the heart of the desert is an exotic place to visit alone. This town has everything to enjoy, Jaisalmer Fort, Temples, Lakes, colorful market and many natural sights. But the real adventure starts from Sand Dunes, a desert camping to enjoy camel safari. Enjoy the royal life and hospitality of heritage hotels.
So this is the time to pack your bags and take your journey alone. You are free to do everything. Also, share your favorite destination in India for a solo trip. ENJOY!