This is a 18 days thrilling trek tour of Everest High Passes Trek also called Three Passes Trek. The glorious high mountain passes with Everest Base Camp Trek is a must-do in every trekking enthusiast’s mind. World over, trekkers aspire to be part of this spectacular and challenging Everest High Passes / Three Passes Trek expedition. The Three Passes Trek is a challenging hike and it instantly rewards you with the views that are literally from the top of the world.
The high passes (3 passes) that we will cross are Renjo La Pass (5, 417 meters), Cho La Pass (5, 420 meters) and Kongma La Pass (5, 535 meters). In addition to the three passes trek, we will be hiking to Gokyo Ri (5, 357 meters), and Kala Patthar (5, 643 meters). This High Passes Trek / Three Passes Trek will also take you through the huge glaciers of Khumbu and Ngozumpa. We will see the famous and beautiful Gokyo Lakes that are part of the highest freshwater lake systems.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1, 400 m / 4, 593 ft).
- Arrive at Kathmandu and check into the hotel.
- Our support staff will meet you to give the details about next day’s plans as well as discuss the trekking plan.
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2, 800 m / 9, 184 ft) and trek to Phakding (2,651 m / 8, 700 ft): 3 hours.
- Today we will check out early and head to the airport for a flight to Lukla. The total flying time will be of 35 minutes.
- We will have a quick breakfast and start our trek for Phakding. It is a small downhill trek.
Day 3: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3, 438 m / 11, 280 ft): 6-7 hours.
- We will start trekking after breakfast and it will take us about 6 to 7 hours to reach Namche Bazaar.
- We will get about 5 hanging bridges before we reach Namche. If the weather permits, you may be able to get your first glimpse of Mt. Everest from the Namche Check Post.
- We will take several steps from Namche Post to reach Namche Bazaar.
Day 4: Namche Bazaar to Khumjung (3, 790 m / 12, 434 ft): 1 - 2 hour.
- View from Kong Mala Mountain Pass during the Trek!
- Today we will start a little late and visit the Namche Museum which is extremely popular for its newly built statue of Tenzing Norgay.
- After the museum we will do a short hike to Syangboche Airport which is just above Namche Bazaar, then follow a trail towards Khumjung Village. The view from Syangboche is very spectacular as you can see a magnificent view of Everest, Lhotse, and Amadablam.
- Khumjung is a big village situated at the foothill of sacred mountain Khumbila, in the 1970s mythical creature Yeti spotted in the same village. You can visit Khumjung Monastery to see a Yeti Scalp (local monks claims it as a Yeti Scalp).
Day 5: Khumjung to Thame (3, 800 m / 12, 467 ft): 4 - 5 hours.
- This will be a moderate trek to reach Thame, just before Thame, we will cross the river on an iron bridge.
- The mighty Bhutekoshi River flows with extreme speed and will be lovely sight from this bridge.
Day 6: Thame to Lumde (4, 137 m / 13, 573 ft): 5 - 6 hours.
- Another day of moderate trek to Reach Lumde It is an incredibly beautiful small Sherpa village and has several teahouses.
Day 7: Lumde to Gokyo (4, 800 m / 15, 748 ft) via Renjola Pass (5, 465 m/17, 929 ft): 7 – 8 hours.
- Unlike the last 2 days, it is going to be a tough day of trekking. The trail from Lumde is mostly an inclined one with a small portion being flat.
- We will have to take several stone stairs to reach the Renjo La Pass. View from the pass is best in the zone you can see Everest, Lhotse the 4th highest, Makalu the 5th highest, Cho Oyu the 6th highest and several other mountains. Also, the view of 3rd Gokyo Lake looks spectacular.
- After sometimes, we will descend on a downhill trail from the pass and proceed to Gokyo Overnight stay at a tea house in Gokyo.
Day 8: Gokyo and visit the 5th Gokyo lakes.
- We will first go to the 4th Gokyo Lake as it is remarkably close to Gokyo. After that we will trek for about 2 hours and visit the 5th Lake.
- After visiting 5th lake, we will return to Gokyo and stay in our teahouse which situated on the bank of 3rd Gokyo Lakes.
- The view of Cho Oyu is massive from the lake and this is the only place from where you can see a full view of Mount Everest, Bottom to Top!
Day 9: Thangnak (4,750 m / 15,580 ft) after hiking Gokyo Ri (optional) - (5, 357 m / 17, 575 ft): 7 – 8 hours.
- Hike to Gokyo Ri is optional for you as you already crossed Renjo La Pass, view from Gokyo Ri and Renjo La is almost similar, Renjo La view is much better in comparison with Gokyo Ri as height of Renjo La is more.
- We will return to Gokyo and trek further for 2 to 3 hours to reach Thangnak.
- The trail goes up and down on the Ngozumpa glacier which is the longest glacier in the Himalayas.
- Once we cross the glacier, the trail is mostly flat.
Day 10: Thangnak to Zongla (4, 830 m / 15,8 50 ft) via Chola Pass (5, 368 m/17,611 ft): 7 to 8 hours.
- This is one of the toughest days of our trekking expedition as we set ourselves to cross the mighty Chola Pass.
- The trail goes over rocks and becomes steep incline to Chola Pass, making it the toughest part in today’s trek.
- We will spend some time on the top then start descending from the pass while crossing ChoLa Glacier so better you wear a micro crampon. Then trail is complete downhill till Zongla.
Day 11: Zongla to Lobuche (4, 940 m / 16,207 ft) 4 – 5 hours.
- It is going be a short and easier trek in comparison to the previous day.
- We will trek from only 4 to 5 hours and reach Lobuche and take rest in a tea house.
- The view along side Chola Lake is spectacular especially the view of Mount Ama Dablam!
Day 12: Lobuche to Gorakshep (5, 170 m / 16, 962 ft) and visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m /17,598 ft): 8 – 9 hours.
- The smallest part of the trek in beginning will be a flat trail till the Lobuche pass. After we cross the Lobuche pass we will reach Gorakshep through a moraine-covered trail which has lot of ups and downs.
- Most of our today’s trek goes alongside Khumbu Glacier. Once we reach Gorakshep, we will keep our bags at the hotel and proceed for Everest Base Camp which is situated on Khumbu Glacier and close to Khumbu Icefall.
- We will then return to Gorakshep after spending some time at the base camp.
Day 13: Lobuche after Kala Patthar Hike (5, 645 m / 18, 519 ft): 6 – 7 hours.
- We will start early for our hike to Kala Patthar. It will take about 3 hours to reach atop Kala Patthar.
- You will get a panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges and a close view of Mt. Everest.
- After spending some time here, we will descend on a complete downhill trail till Lobuche.
Day 14: Lobuche to Chukung village (4, 750 m / 15, 580 ft) via Kongma La pass (5, 535 m / 18, 159 ft): 7 – 8 hours.
- Today we will start early. We will be crossing the last mountain pass (Kongma La) of this trekking expedition.
- It is also the toughest mountain pass to cross. The trail will go through several ups and downs while we are crossing the Khumbu Glacier.
- Once we cross the glacier, we will get a complete up-hill trek to reach atop the Kongma La.
- The view of Lhotse is massive from the pass also you can see a close view of mount Makalu.
- Once we get down of Kongma La, we will get a complete downhill trek up-to Chukung village, on the way you will get the best and spectacular view of Mount Ama Dablam.
Day 15: Chukung to Namche Bazaar.
- Today’s trek will be moderate. We will cross many villages like Dingboche, Pangboche and Tengboche which is has the biggest and beautiful Monastery in this region.
- After Tengboche it will be fully downhill trek till Phungi Thanga.
- Only one portion between the village of Phungi Thanga and Namche Bazaar is little tough.
Day 16: Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
- It is our last day of trekking, the entire trail is an easy one, baring the portion just before Lukla is little tough as we will have to climb several steps to reach Lukla.
Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu.
- We will fly back to Kathmandu in one of those small aircrafts that we had taken while coming to Lukla.
- Flying time is 35 minutes to reach Kathmandu.
Day 18: Departure.
- Kindly checkout by 12 noon and we will drop you at the airport.
- We will also handover your trek completion certificate today.
- Airport pick up and drop for international terminal.
- Kathmandu domestic airport transfers for Lukla flights.
- Accommodation in a standard hotel at Kathmandu on twin share basis (2 nights).
- Accommodation during the trekking period, in local mountain lodges called Tea House on twin share basis (15 nights).
- Domestic return flight tickets (Kathmandu- Lukla - Kathmandu).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, Khumbu Permit).
- Certified guide.
- Assistance guide (for 5 or more people).
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter).
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
- All government and local taxes.
- Trek Completion certificate from Sagarmatha National Park Authority (Nepal Govt).
- Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
- 5% GST
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under inclusions section.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health, or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle, or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance, and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury, or any health problem.
- Nepal visa fee (if applicable).
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- 25 or more days before the date of departure: 25% of total cost.
- 18 – 24 days before the date of departure: 35% of total cost.
- 10 – 17 days before the date of departure: 45 % of total cost.
- Less than 10 days: 80% of total cost.
- Experience the warmth of the local Sherpa culture.
- Visit some scenic Monasteries.
- Get a spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayan Ranges.
- See many high peaks with a height of 8000 meters or more.
Activities I Offer
- Travel and Destination
- Activities for Corporates
- Once In a Lifetime
- Rare Activities
At We Ramblers, we provide professionally managed and serviced adventure tours in the region of Nepal, Bhutan and India. With many years of rich experience, we are pioneers in Everest high passes trek, Annapurna Base camp trek and Bicycle trek, lower Mustang and upper Mustang trek, bicycle/ motor bike and 4×4 rides.
Our premier adventure tours are just perfect for those active adventurers who are ready to explore some of the most exotic locations of the world without breaking a sweat. At We Ramblers, our highly experienced on-field ground staff will bring you close to the local cultures before opening the window to the heaven at the top of the world. All our support staff has been directly contracted or employed with us and we do not outsource any part of our adventure travel services to any agency.
and click "Book Now".
4,600 /per person
1,400 /per person
3,400 /per person
1,400 /per person
Copyright © LastClues 2021The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.