Gokyo Lakes with Everest base camp trek is the most astonishing trekking expedition in the world. In this 17 days trek tour you will experience the scenic beauty of the world’s highest freshwater lake system, the high peaks, the gigantic glaciers, huge wild stream and many more. A trek to the Gokyo lakes is a once in a life time experience. This trek has everything, a challenging trail, beautiful lakes, and reflections of high peaks on its waters, huge glaciers, high passes and reaching the base of Mount Everest. This is surely, one of the beautiful and challenging treks in the world.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,350m/4,428ft)
- Upon our arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu, we will be pick you and take you to our hotel.
- Rest day and trek preparation.
Day 02: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding (2,651m/8,700ft): 8km, 3 - 4 hours trek
- During the 40-minute flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (9,186ft), we enjoy one of the most beautiful air routes in the world culminating on a hillside surrounded by high mountainous peaks.
- At Lukla, a gateway destination from where our trek begins. From Lukla, we start trekking, we then gradually descend until we reach Phakding and spend the night.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,438m/11,280 ft): 11km, 5 - 6 hours
- Walking through a beautiful pine forest, we follow the trail north up the valley of Benkar.
- We then cross Dudh Koshi River and go on passing Chumoa to Monjo, the entrance to Everest National Park.
- A steep ascent brings us to the prime heartland of Sherpa village - Namche Bazaar.
- At one hour’s distance to reaching Namche Bazaar, if the weather permits, we can view the sights of Mt. Everest and Mt. Lhotse.
- Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization Day - Namche Bazaar: (3,440m/11,284ft)
- Rest day and small trek. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Namche to Dole (3950m) 4-5 hours
- Today’s trek is very small we will reach one of a tiny mountain top village called Mongla from here the view of Thamserku is spectacular.
Day 06: Dole to Machhermo (4,470m/ 14,663ft): 3-4 hours
- From Dole we will cross Labarma and Luza villages before reaching Machhermo. There is a Chhorten right before the Luza village.
- Throughout today’s journey we will be walking alongside the Dudh Koshi River. Overnight in Machhermo.
Day 07: Machhermo to Gokyo (4,800 m/15,744 ft): 4-5 hours
- We begin today by climbing a ridge for an excellent view down the valley to Kangtaiga and also up towards Cho Oyu (8153 m).
- We will encounter first lake and second lake, we reach the third lake, the two linked by a surging stream.
- Gokyo village stands by the third lake and Cho-Oyu Mountain as a backdrop sets an amazing spectacular sight here.
- Overnight in Gokyo.
Day 08: Gokyo Valley: Acclimatization Day - Optional Hike to 5th Gokyo Lake): 3 - 4 hours
- Today we will visit 5th Gokyo lakes on the way we will cross 4th lake.
Day 09: Gokyo to Thagnak (4750 m/15,580 ft): 4km, 4 - 5 hours
- Today we will hike Gokyo Ri for its magnificent view then we will trek to Thangnak.
- We will cross Ngozumpa glacier to reach Thangnak.
Day 10: Thagnak to Cho La pass (5,367m/17,604 ft) to Dzongla (15, 939 ft): 7 - 8 hours
- Today is going to be one of the toughest days of the trip. The Cho La pass is not itself difficult, but it is steep and involves a glacier traverse on the eastern side.
- We need to be careful as the trail is vertical and the rocks glazed by ice may cause trouble by making the trail slippery.
- We need to pass through some crevasses before we reach Dzongla Village.
- The village provides great views of Cholatse, Ama Dablam, Lobuche mountains along with the Pheriche Village far below.
Day 11: Dzongla to Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 2 - 3 hours
- This will be a very short trek so we have a lot time to relax and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. We climb down from Dzongla and walk through a grassy trail while enjoying the view of Lobuche Peak.
- Overnight in Lobuche.
Day 12: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m/17,594 ft): 6-7 hours
- We take the trail to Everest Base Camp through the once vast Gorak Shep Lake. Continuing straight ahead, we come across the Indian army mountaineers' memorials.
- The path from here can be misleading; hence, it is important that we follow our lead Sherpa diligently. The walk is strenuous due to
thin air in the high altitude.
- We pass through rocky dunes, moraine and streams before reaching the Everest Base Camp.
- Overnight in Gorak Shep.
Day 13: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5,545m/18,192ft) to Pherice (4,288m/14,070ft): 7-8 hours
- We prepare for an early morning departure, amid pre-dawn darkness and cold temperatures (-10 to -14C). Plus, there is always the potential for chilly winds which are quite common.
- Familiar peaks such as Lingtren, Khumbutse, and Changtse tower to the east even as Everest begins to reveal itself. But, it is upon reaching Kala Patthar that we get to see 360 degree up-close and formidable views of Mt. Everest.
- We take pictures, enjoy the magnificent mountain panorama, and then return back to Pheriche for a good night's rest.
- Overnight in Pheriche.
Day 14: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar: 6 - 7 hours
- We trek down through the hillside blanketed by rhododendron and juniper trees.
- After crossing the prayer-flag festooned bridge over the Dudh Koshi River, our trail follows the Dudh Koshi gorge descending rapidly through pine forests.
- In the forest, we may come across colorful pheasants and mountain goats.
- The path eventually reaches Sansa from where we can enjoy views of Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Nuptse mountains.
- We also pass winding trails then through a forest before reaching Namche Bazaar.
- Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 15: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,860m/9,186ft): 6 - 7 hours
- The trail descends steeply downward so we need to walk cautiously as our shaky legs continuously battle the rocky terrain.
- After crossing the suspension bridges over the fast flowing Dudh Koshi and its tributaries, the trail becomes more level and natural.
- After our arrival in Lukla, we stretch those sore legs and recall the experiences of the last couple of days.
- Overnight in Lukla.
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu
- We catch an early morning flight to Kathmandu after our long mountain journey.
- After reaching Kathmandu, we can take a rest or do some souvenir shopping. If we want to explore any other areas of Kathmandu, we may do that today.
Day 17: Final departure
- check out to catch your flight.
- Airport pick up and drop for international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Accommodation during the trekking period (14 nights).
- Domestic return flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Certified guide.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
- All government and local taxes.
- Please Note: For single trekker we provide porter cum guide.
- 5% GST
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip.
- Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Health Insurance, Personal Insurance and other travel insurance.
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- Cross over many mountains passes and trek on the glaciers.
- Experience the warmth of the local Sherpa culture.
- Visit some scenic Monasteries during Gokyo Lakes with Everest base camp trek.
- Get a spectacular panoramic view of the Himalayan Ranges.
- See many high peaks with height of 8000 meters or more.
Activities I Offer
- Travel and Destination
- Activities for Corporates
- Once In a Lifetime
- Rare Activities
At We Ramblers, we provide professionally managed and serviced adventure tours in the region of Nepal, Bhutan and India. With many years of rich experience, we are pioneers in Everest high passes trek, Annapurna Base camp trek and Bicycle trek, lower Mustang and upper Mustang trek, bicycle/ motor bike and 4×4 rides.
Our premier adventure tours are just perfect for those active adventurers who are ready to explore some of the most exotic locations of the world without breaking a sweat. At We Ramblers, our highly experienced on-field ground staff will bring you close to the local cultures before opening the window to the heaven at the top of the world. All our support staff has been directly contracted or employed with us and we do not outsource any part of our adventure travel services to any agency.
and click "Book Now".
2,700 /per person
1,200 /per person
2,600 /per person
4,600 /per person
11,500 /per person
3,000 /per person
16,220 /per person
Copyright © LastClues 2015-2022The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.