The Sham Valley Trek, which is also known as the "Apricot Valley", being the abode of Apricot Flower that blossoms in the valley during the winters, is one of the easy and unexplored treks in Ladakh region that is suitable for beginners as well as families. Often dubbed as a ‘baby trek’, the Sham Valley Trek rather tempts you with pleasurable walks to some of the remote villages in the Ladakh region passing through small mountain passes, streams, shady willows and barley fields. The contrasting landscape and wild nature bustles trekkers and hikers with several clicks of natural views and swashbuckling moments.
The Sham Valley Trek allows one to acquaint oneself with the quaint monastic life of the Indo-Tibetans – cuisine, ritual practices, festivals and hospitality. The trek moves through the serene hamlets of Hemis Shukpachen, Ridzong, Temisgang and Ang and offers trekkers to stay at local houses that are appointed for village Home stay to experience the heathen Indo-Tibetan culture. Thus it attracts people from distant parts of the world including the Koreans and Japanese. Enclosed within the barren hillocks, these villages spray an isolated and traditional essence leaving one to step into a blissful world. Being a niche trek in the Ladakh Himalayan region, the spectacular journey is also one of the hiking tours in Ladakh.
Day 1: Delhi - Leh (Complete Rest in Leh for acclimatization)
- Catch the flight from Delhi to Leh in the morning. On arrival at Leh, meet our representatives. Check-in the pre-booked hotel.
- Take relax and be acclimatized. At such high elevation, it is extremely important to be accustomed to the weather.
- Explore the market of Leh in the evening. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 2: Leh - Shey - Thiksey - Hemis
- On this day, you will go a sightseeing trip to some ancient monasteries in this area.
- Today, you will explore some of the ancient monasteries in Leh. One such monastery is Shey Gompa. It is located 15 kilometers from Leh. It was once the summer capital of Ladakh kings. Around this place are situated several Gompa and Stupas. Deldyan Namgyal built this palace in 17th century. 12 meters long Shakyamuni Buddha effigy positioned inside the Dresthang Gompa is the prominent attraction of Leh.
- Located near Shey, Thiksey Gompa is at the distance of 17 kilometers from Leh. This mo0nastery is said to be one of the most stunning structures in Ladakh and it belongs to Gelukspa order.
- Located at about 45 kilometers south of Leh, Hemis is one of the most popular and largest monasteries in Ladakh. This monastery belongs to Drukpa Order. Hemis was founded in early 17th century. The monastery clandestine in lovely valley is surrounded by streams and fronted by large Mani Walls. Enjoy the relaxing overnight stay at guesthouse.
Day 3: Leh - Likir - Yangthang across Phobe La (9 kms / 4 to 5 hrs)
- You will be taken to Likir by taxi after breakfast in the morning. Likir is just 58 kilometers away. It is the beginning point of our trek. We have to cover a short distance in warm route but there will be no shade or water. We will transverse two passes.
- The route leads west towards Phobe La (3580 meters) from Likir. Subdo Village lies beyond Phobe La. The route goes steeply until we arrive at Chagatse La (3630 meters). The village of Yangthang is across the pass. We will camp at Yangthang for night. The camp will be next to the stream. At an hour distance south from Yangthang is situated the Ridzong Monastery.
Day 4: Yangthang - Hemis Shukpachan across Tsermangchan La (8 kms 2/3 hours)
- Despite the pass, we have to take an easy walk today. Both the ascent and descent en route are of gentle slopes. The route takes to north, dipping down a bit and then crossing a stream ascending west again to Tsermangchan La (3750 meters).
- We will head down to Hemis Shukpachan after taking a short at the pass. There are lots of radiant streams bordered by shady willows and large barley fields.
Day 5: Hemis Shukpachan - Ang across Mebtak La (10 kms/ 3 hrs)
- This is again a fairly easy day of trekking. The route reaches upward between two hillocks in the west of village located upwards until it heads south and ascends steadily up to Mebtak La (3750 meters).
- This valley is marked by prayer flags. We will proceed down the gorge to Ang from the pass. Ang is a captivating village with apricot orchards. We will camp at Ang for overnight stay.
Day 6: Ang -Temisgam and Nurla (8 km / 3 hrs) - Leh
- This is the last day and includes an easy trek downhill all the way on the main road. There would be a taxi waiting at Temisgam. This taxi will take everyone to Leh.
Day 7: Leh - Delhi
- Reach the airport to catch the magnificent flight across the prominent chain of Himalaya to Delhi.
- All kind of personal expenses such as tips, laundry, telephone bills and beverages, Camera Fees.
- Cable Car Tickets, Any meals unless and otherwise specifically mentioned.
- Any claim due to road blocks, curfew, accident etc.
- Any other services' not specified in the Column "Inclusions".
Terms & Conditions:
- Prices valid from 01st April 2020 to 31st March 2021.
- Prices valid for minimum 02, 04, 06, 08 & 10 pax traveling together in one vehicle.
- Vehicle is provided as per the mentioned tour plan (Point to Point Basis only), not on disposal.
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services / transportation in any circumstance.
Cancellation Policy for Land Package:
- 10% cancellation charges if cancelled 30 days prior to the start of tour.
- 25% cancellation charges if cancelled within 20 days prior to the start of tour.
- 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within 10 days prior to the start of tour.
- No refund for tour starting within 07 days, after starting or middle of the tour.
New Delhi, Delhi
Activities I Offer
- Local Tour
- Travel and Destination
- History Tour
- Activities for Kids
A man with a friendly personality and a love for travel and adventure. With over 33 years’ experience in tourism, Hamza started as a guide for Ladakh region in June 1987,He also runs SPACE TOURISM. If you find yourself with Hamza, do get yourself some coffee and get him to tell you his stories, which come from years of experience leading tours to a vast number of destinations in India / Nepal & Srilanka. His knowledge and ideas will amaze you. He has so much to offer in the travel and tourism field, Besides his love for traveling, Hamza is the Chirman of SEWAK (Shingoo Educational & Welfare Association Kaksar), an NGO, Member of Universal Peace Society.-He is also one of the active members of Sheena Cultural Association, ATOAI, ADTOI, AKTTA, Hamza himself is the author of the guide book on Kargil Ladakh (The Dreamland) Hamza is actively involved in promoting tourism in Ladakh. He is a person who truly loves his job and more importantly, has an endless love with this exotic land, DIRECTOR, Kargil INTERNATIONAL MARATHON, LUMBINI PEACE mARATHON, Kargil pEACE mARATHON, Himalayan Walakathon, North East Peace Marathon,
and click "Book Now".
200 per person
Copyright © LastClues 2015-2020The content used on this website are copyright protected and copyrights vests with the respective owners.
The usage of the same on this website is intended to promote the works and no endorsement of the artist shall be implied. Unauthorized use is prohibited and punishable by law.